Apartments in Edinburgh
The Old Schoolhouse Apartments
WHAT TO EXPECT
A unique place to stay…
The Old Schoolhouse, formerly a children’s School , is a unique and historic place to stay during your time in Edinburgh. Enter through the ‘Boys’ entrance and check into your fantastic city centre apartment. Exit through the ‘Girls’ entrance as you explore Edinburgh.
Located just a short walk from Edinburgh’s Train and Bus Stations and 5 minute walk from the renowned Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. There are few better locations to explore the historic old town of Edinburgh with all its cafes, bars, shops and clubs.
If you are not a group that’s just fine. We also have a large number of rooms so book with confidence knowing we will have a comfortable bed waiting for you when you get to Edinburgh.
Waverley Train station, new Tram Route and the airport shuttle bus on Waverley Bridge are all less than 5 minutes away.
Edinburgh Hostels Old Schoolhouse has a fantastic city centre location. You can walk to all major attractions and transport locations in minutes.
Edinburgh Waverley Rail Station is just 5 minutes walk.
What To Do
Take a 2 minute walk down into the Grassmarket area. Check out Greyfriars bobby and Greyfriars Graveyard. Relax at an outdoor cafe or bar with a refreshment. Watch the world go by under the shadow of the magnificent Edinburgh Castle which towers high above you.
Just a Short walk away you will find:
- Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle -2 Mins
- Grassmarket party zone with it exclusive shops, bars and restaurants- 4 mins
- Princes Street – 5 Mins
- Fountainbridge where you will find Edinburgh Quay and its boats and barges – 12 Mins
- Edinburgh International Conference Centre – 12 minutes
- Holyrood Palace and Dynamic Earth exhibition – 8 mins
Old Schoolhouse Apartment Layouts
Apartments available at The Old Schoolhouse include:
- Apt 1 – 5 people (two double and one single bed)
- Apt 2 – 3 people (one double bedroom and one single guest bed in living room)
- Apt 6 – 6 people (two double and two single beds,there is not living room)
- Apt 13 – 2 people (one double)There is sofa bed for one extra person,but you have to tell people that it is not a bed,but sofa
- Apt 15 – 4 people (two double),this one has two bathrooms
- Apt 22 – 2 people (one double)
VITAL STATISTICSCheck out our ‘Vital Statistics’ before you book to find out if The Old Schoolhouse is a match for you or your group.
- LOCATION 100%
- VALUE FOR MONEY 90%
- STAG / HEN FRIENDLY 0%
- GREAT FOR GROUPS 0%
- FUN 70%
- STAFF 90%
- Free Wifi
- Washing Machine
- 5 mins from Rail station
- Fresh Bed Linen
- Kitchen Facilities
- TV in private Rooms
- Central Heating
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Lounge area
- We require 1 months notice of cancellation for Groups
- We require 72 hours notice of cancellation for Individuals
- All Bedlinen
- Free Wifi
SECURITY DEPOSIT & CHECK IN
All Guest may be required to pay a refundable security deposit on arrival. The deposit will be refunded on departure provided there has been no damages or behavior problems.
Please note we do not have a reception and it is required to contact us a few days in advance to arrange your check-in.
Check-in time is between 14:00-22:00. There is a Late Arrival fee £15 for check-in between 20:00-22:00
Check out is before 10:00.
Minimum stay of 2 nights Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards, debit cards on arrival. Taxes included. Breakfast not included. No curfew. Child friendly. Non smoking.